We went through an exorbitant amount of movies. We doubt anyone has the time to go through all of that now that there are vaccines underway and restrictions are slowly being lifted around the world. For a more concise list, we’ve curated some films that had our fave fashion moments - excluding all the obvious choices like Breakfast at Tiffany’s and High Society.
1. Funny Face. Based on the legendary fashion editor, Diana Vreeland, and top fashion photographer Richard Avedon. Most of Audrey Hepburn’s costumes were designed by or in collaboration with Givenchy. Spot 50s supermodel, Dovima! It doesn’t get more fashown than this!
2. Rear Window. One of Edith Head’s finer works, if we do say so ourselves. If you don’t know who she is, do yourself a favor and Google her. Any chic movie from old Hollywood was most likely helmed by Edith Head. This film made us want to see more of HRH Grace Kelly. We also highly recommend To Catch A Thief!
4. The Dressmaker. The only way to exact revenge on your naysayers is to do it in a chic ensemble and with red lipstick.
5. Death on the Nile. Won the Oscars for Best Costume Design in 1979. A remake is coming soon with Gal Gadot and Armie Hammer.
6. In the Mood for Love. Will make you want to buy a cheongsam, stat.
9. Annie Hall. Diane Keaton in menswear is the antithesis to our usual feminine aesthetic and we loved it.
12. Talented Mr. Ripley. Young Jude Law. That’s it.